Revit Tutorials ,Revit libraries, Revit rendering,Bim revit, Headline Animator

Revit Tutorials ,Revit libraries, Revit rendering,Bim revit,

Check this out

 

Autodesk Revit Tutorial Headlines

Sunday, October 22, 2006

How to Make a Sloping Rounded Roof

A rounded roof sloping to one of the gables. In Revit there are two ways to accomplish this. Use a roof by extrusion in combination with voids, or an in-place roof family. This tutorial explores the latter method.


(click to enlarge)

1. Start with some walls, windows....Something like this.

2. Choose Create on the Modelling tab of the Design Bar. And then choose the Family Category - Roofs.


(click to enlarge)

3. Name it to something fancy or just accept the default name.


(click to enlarge)

4. Choose Solid on the Design Bar and then Sweep.


(click to enlarge)

5. Click Sketch 2D Path on the Design Bar.

6. Click the Plane button or click Set Work Plane on the Design Bar or on the menu Tools > Work Plane > Set Work Plane and choose to Pick a Plane.


(click to enlarge)

7. I choose the facade with the windows.


(click to enlarge)

8. Draw a sloping line in the South Elevation And then click Finish Path.


(click to enlarge)

9. Now click Sketch Profile on the Design Bar and choose some view.


(click to enlarge)

10. Click Line on the Design Bar. I used Arc passing through three points to make two interconnected curves. Click Finish Profile.


(click to enlarge)

11. Then I clicked Finish Sweep and got this.


(click to enlarge)

12. I could now move the roof a bit down. I discovered that I needed a roof that was a bit longer so I clicked the button Edit with the roof selected.


(click to enlarge)

13. And then I clicked Sketch 2D Path and I could make the path a bit longer.


(click to enlarge)

14. And then Finish Path and Finish Sweep. Now I choose Void and then Extrude to cut a bit out of the roof. And I choose Level 1.


(click to enlarge)

15. And Lines on the Design Bar and sketched a Rectangle.


(click to enlarge)


16. Then Finish Sketch and I could use the arrows on the Void to make it cut out the part of the roof I wanted.


(click to enlarge)

17. And I could select a wall and then click the Button Attach and click the roof.


(click to enlarge)

18. And perhaps continue with making some new walls under the roof and attaching them.


(click to enlarge)


No comments: